November is holiday month in Panama!Henry Josephs of Panama Excursions advises that anyone looking for things to do in Panama should look to the month of November. Panama has three celebrations of independence in November – filled with activities for locals and visitors.
- November 3 is Panamanian Independence Day – when Panama declared independence from Colombia via the 1903 the Hay-Herrán Treaty. (image source)
- November 4 honors our tri-color national flag - This flag was to reflect the political situation of the time. The blue was intended to represent the Conservative Party and the red to represent the Liberal Party. The white was intended to stand for peace and purity; the blue star stands for the purity and honesty of the life of the country; the red star represents the authority and law in the country; and together the stars stand for the new republic.
- November 5 is Colon Day, Panama’s version of Columbus Day.
- November 10th celebrates the "primer grito" or first shout of independence from Spain back in 1821 when, lacking modern communications, e-mail and cell phones, the City of Los Santos declared independence before the rest of the country.
- And finally, there is November 28 when all the formal documents and legalities were concluded in Panama City.
Click for more information on our other panama shore excursions page, visit our adventure park page or give our office a call 1-866-759-8726!
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
About Rainforest Adventures
With adrenaline-inducing parks located in Costa Rica (both Pacific and Atlantic), Panama, Saint Lucia, Jamaica, and Mexico each Rainforest Adventures location serves as ecotourism attractions as well as wildlife and wilderness refuges. Since 1994, the company has been combining unique rainforest adventures (such as tram rides, bobsleds and zip lines), with exceptional, multi-lingual naturalist guides, giving each guest an educational, adventurous, sustainable and unforgettable rainforest experience. For more information, visit RainforestAdventure.com.
Get 10% discount on every online ticket purchase! Buy tickets for Panama Excursions now!